PowerVu
Xpelled Mentor

آواتار PowerVu

تاریخ عضویت: Jul 2009
محل سکونت: The GR8 Gig in the Sky
پستها: 10,227
سپاس: 35,479
در 11,020 پست 99,859 بار سپاسگزاری شده
بازیکن (های) مورد علاقه: Bryan Bros. ✔Sanaz Marand, Hingis, Evert, Black, Huber, Safina, Minella, Robson, Tsurenko, Bencic, Halep, Muguruza, Wozniacki, Siniakova, Diatchenko, Townsend, Gajdosova, Siegemund Pavlyuchenkova, Jovanovski, Gasparyan, Azarenka, Sharapova, Kirilenko, Rodionova, Lisicki, Shvedova, Goerges, Bacsinszky, Keys, Petkovic, Voegele, Rogers, Myskina, Svitolina, Makarova, Stosur, Mertens, Brengle, Strycova, Beck, Mattek, Falconi, Davis, Riske, Bertens, Dellacqua, Broady, Erakovic, J. Rae ✔Bahrami, N
Exclamation

نتایج به دست آمده پس از برگزاری « روز هشتم و پایانی » دور اصلی

i2014 Brisbane International
WTA Premier
ATP World Tour 250
Queensland Tennis Centre
Tennyson, Brisbane, Queensland
December 28 – 5 January
Edition: 6th
i$1,000,000 / $452,670
Hard, Plexicushion / Outdoors

RESULTS — SUNDAY, 5 JANUARY, 2014

Men's Singles — Final
L Hewitt (AUS) d. [1] R Federer (SUI) 61 46 63

i Lleyton Hewitt ousted top seed Roger Federer in three sets to take the 2014 singles title at the Brisbane International presented by Suncorp in two hours and seven minutes.i
i Hewitt picked up his 29th career title and a seventh in Australia.i
i Until today's final, Federer held serve 32 times and saved all eight break points he faced during the tournament. Hewitt managed to convert four of 11 break points.i
i Both Federer and Hewitt were vying for their maiden Brisbane title in this 27th meeting in their FedEx ATP Head2Head Series. Hewitt improves to 9-18 after today's victory.i
i A Federer win would have catapulted the Swiss past John McEnroe in the list of top all-time Open Era ATP World Tour title holders; both players sit in the third position with 77 titles apiece.i

Hewitt: "Playing the best players in the world and finals of tournaments, always it's exciting. That's why you still play the game. For me, it was motivation enough just to try to get the win out there and obviously win another title. It's been a couple of years. So I was just ready for the challenge today.i

i"I played great obviously at the start, really well. It took Roger a little bit of time to get into the match. Then I just had to fight hard at the start of the third set.i

i"It means a lot with the calibre of players here as well in this tournament. It's not an easy tournament to win. I wasn't one of the top four seeds, so I had to win all five matches to get through. There are pleasing parts and massive positives to take out of it."i

Federer: "I didn't play great today which is a bit unfortunate, but also Lleyton was the best player I played this week. He made it toughest on me. So I have a clear idea what I need to work on, and I have a clear idea where my mind and body is that... I'm very hungry and eager to attack the Australian Open next week."i

Men's Doubles — Final
i[2] M Fyrstenberg (POL)/D Nestor (CAN) d. [4] J Cabal (COL)/R Farah (COL) 67(4) 64 [10-7]i

i Second seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Daniel Nestor capped off a stellar team debut by rallying past fourth-seeded Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah 6-7(4), 6-4, 10-7 in the final.i

i Nestor captured his 82nd tour-level trophy and added to his 2012 Brisbane triumph, when he tasted victory with Max Mirnyi. The 41-year-old Nestor has now won at least one tour-level crown 21 years running.i
i Fyrstenberg celebrated his first ATP World Tour title with a partner other than countryman Marcin Matkowski (14 titles together).i

NESTOR: “It was a tough match, just like all week. We had tough opponents today and we just hung in there, taking one point at a time. There were moments where the other team looked like they were going to take it and we just hung in there and managed to play better in the end.”i

PowerVu آنلاین نیست.  
3 کاربر زیر از شما کاربر گرامی PowerVu به خاطر این پست سپاسگزاری کرده اند: