PowerVu
Xpelled Mentor

آواتار PowerVu

تاریخ عضویت: Jul 2009
محل سکونت: The GR8 Gig in the Sky
پستها: 10,227
سپاس: 35,479
در 11,020 پست 99,859 بار سپاسگزاری شده
بازیکن (های) مورد علاقه: Bryan Bros. ✔Sanaz Marand, Hingis, Evert, Black, Huber, Safina, Minella, Robson, Tsurenko, Bencic, Halep, Muguruza, Wozniacki, Siniakova, Diatchenko, Townsend, Gajdosova, Siegemund Pavlyuchenkova, Jovanovski, Gasparyan, Azarenka, Sharapova, Kirilenko, Rodionova, Lisicki, Shvedova, Goerges, Bacsinszky, Keys, Petkovic, Voegele, Rogers, Myskina, Svitolina, Makarova, Stosur, Mertens, Brengle, Strycova, Beck, Mattek, Falconi, Davis, Riske, Bertens, Dellacqua, Broady, Erakovic, J. Rae ✔Bahrami, N
پیش فرض پاسخ : نتایج مسابقات تنیس ATP 250 و WTA Int'l تورنمنت اوئیراس 2014 پرتغال (Portugal Open)

نتایج به دست آمده پس از برگزاری «
روز ششـم » دور اصلی

i2014 Portugal Open
WTA International
ATP World Tour 500
Estádio Nacional
Oeiras, Portugal
April 26 – May 4, 2014
Edition: 25th (ATP) / 18th (WTA)i
i$ 250,000/€ 485,760
Red Clay/Outdoors

RESULTS — SATURDAY, 3rd of MAY, 2014

Women's Singles — Final
i(1) Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP) d. (7) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 64 36 64

i Carla Suárez Navarro completed a dream week at the Portugal Open, not just extending her lead as the WTA's match win leader but also finally winning her first WTA title
i Before this week Suárez Navarro came out winless in five WTA finals - Marbella in 2009, Marbella again in 2010, Oeiras in 2012 and Acapulco and Oeiras again in 2013

i Though she was the No.1 seed this week, it was never a given she was the favorite for the title, not just because she lacked a WTA title, but because the No.7 seed, Svetlana Kuznetsova, a former World No.2 with 13 WTA titles to her name - including two majors - was waiting in the final, and had beaten her three of four times
i Wait is finally over for Suárez Navarro, who finally lifted her first WTA title on her sixth try in a final, and who now has 26 WTA-level match wins on the season, more than anyone else on tour
i The next-highest aren't far behind though - Agnieszka Radwanska and Dominika Cibulkova each have 24
i Suárez Navarro is also the third Spaniard to win their first WTA title in 2014, after Garbiñe Muguruza (in Hobart just before the Australian Open) and María-Teresa Torró-Flor (in Marrakech last week)i

Carla Suárez Navarro: "I'm very happy I could finally win my first WTA title," Suárez Navarro said. "I was a little bit nervous today. It was a difficult match too - it was windy today and we were both making mistakes, and we know each other well, but the most important thing for me today was just to be solid all the time.i

"On match point I was only thinking to put the ball in, and that's what I did, and I felt so good when I finally finished the match. The ceremony was very special for me. I really love this tournament."i

"For me it's a very special moment of the season, because we don't have a lot of tournaments on clay," Suárez Navarro added. "Now there's Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros, which to me is the best tournament of the year, but it's still far - most important right now is the next tournament in Madrid."i

Svetlana Kuznetsova: "I tried to fight, but unfortunately it didn't happen today, and I want to congratulate Carla on a great week," Kuznetsova said afterwards. "It's definitely an amazing feeling to win your first WTA title."i

Women's Doubles — Final
(1) Black/Mirza (ZIM/IND) d. Hrdinova/Solovyeva (CZE/RUS) 64 63

i Top seeds Cara Black and Sania Mirza overcame stubborn resistance from Eva Hrdinova and Valeria Solovyeva to take their first title of the season, at the Portugal Open
i After a silverware-laden start to their partnership, Black and Mirza have found success harder to come by in their second season, suffering a number of near-misses, most recently in Stuttgart, where they lost out to Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci in the final
i Success in Oeiras also keeps Black and Mirza on course for the WTA Championships, pushing them up to No.3 on the Road To Singapore

Cara Black: "We're really happy. We got to the final in Stuttgart last week and now a win here so it's a good start on the clay for us,"i

Sania Mirza: "I think if you perform consistently, that kind of takes care of itself," Mirza said. "Of course the goal is to try and get there, eventually, but at the moment we're just trying to keep improving and to play our best."i

Men's Singles — Semi-Finals
i[1] [WC] T Berdych (CZE) d. V Hanescu (ROU) 62 62
C Berlocq (ARG) d. [Q] D Gimeno-Traver (ESP) 76(6) 62

Men's Doubles — Semi-Finals
i[3] S Gonzalez (MEX)/S Lipsky (USA) d. [WC] G Elias (POR)/J Sousa (POR) 63 63

PowerVu آنلاین نیست.   پاسخ با نقل قول
4 کاربر زیر از شما کاربر گرامی PowerVu به خاطر این پست سپاسگزاری کرده اند: