Author

آواتار M∂hdi

تاریخ عضویت: Aug 2009
پستها: 3,313
سپاس: 16,491
در 3,306 پست 31,684 بار سپاسگزاری شده
پیش فرض

Players react to Nadal's U.S. Open withdrawal

Reactions from players in Cincinnati to Rafael Nadal's withdrawal from the U.S. Open due to knee tendinitis:

Roger Federer: "It’s not a surprise, because I wrote him and he told me like it wasn't looking good at all. I kind of knew. Saw it coming. But obviously when it's official it's disappointing for tennis, there's no doubt about it. I would love to have him in the draw. In particular, sort of the 12 days before the Open you figure he might still have time to fix what he has to fix to get ready. If he pulls out that early before the Open, it must be something serious.That's why it’s sort of scary. There is obviously the whole debate going on if he is going come back for this year. I hope he will. He's definitely got some more weeks off now because of it. I hope in hindsight this is a very smart decision by him. But it's obviously a big blow and disappointing news for the tennis world."

Novak Djokovic: "He's a great competitor, and he’s somebody I know really well on and off the court. I'm sure that if he was able to perform in the U.S. Open he would come. So I wish him a quick recovery. The fact is that tennis is going to lose a little bit because of Rafa not being there and playing, because he's somebody that has made a history of this sport. We all know how good he is and how popular he is. There is everybody else except him who is going to play there, so I am sure we will have a good tournament."

Andy Murray: "Obviously a shame. I like Rafa a lot as a friend. I'm disappointed for him. But I think for tennis and also a major competitions, it's a huge benefit when you have the top players playing. It’s obviously tough for him. He's had trouble with his knees in the past. So I hope he can rest, doesn't come back too early, and gets them fixed so he can get back to playing his best tennis."

Juan Martin del Potro: "Everybody knows Rafa. He's a big fighter. He will be with us very, very soon, and could be dangerous for us when he come back because he gonna be much better than the rest of the players. He's still very, very young. He has many challenge to do it, so he will be ready very soon. I wish all the best for him because he's a nice guy."

Sloane Stephens: "I love Rafa, so I love seeing him at tournaments. I get star struck when I see him. I'm like, 'Oh, my God I wish I could touch him.' It will be sad with him not there. He's such an amazing player. I like seeing him practice. He's on [Practice Court 1 through 5] and he's always on the first court so everyone can see. I like eating my lunch and watching him. I'm kind of bummed he won't be there."

tennis.com

Rafael Nadal will hold a press conference in Manacor on Friday at 11:45 CET. tw

M∂hdi آنلاین نیست.   پاسخ با نقل قول
26 کاربر زیر از شما کاربر گرامی M∂hdi به خاطر این پست سپاسگزاری کرده اند: