PowerVu
Xpelled Mentor

آواتار PowerVu

تاریخ عضویت: Jul 2009
محل سکونت: The GR8 Gig in the Sky
پستها: 10,227
سپاس: 35,479
در 11,020 پست 99,859 بار سپاسگزاری شده
بازیکن (های) مورد علاقه: Bryan Bros. ✔Sanaz Marand, Hingis, Evert, Black, Huber, Safina, Minella, Robson, Tsurenko, Bencic, Halep, Muguruza, Wozniacki, Siniakova, Diatchenko, Townsend, Gajdosova, Siegemund Pavlyuchenkova, Jovanovski, Gasparyan, Azarenka, Sharapova, Kirilenko, Rodionova, Lisicki, Shvedova, Goerges, Bacsinszky, Keys, Petkovic, Voegele, Rogers, Myskina, Svitolina, Makarova, Stosur, Mertens, Brengle, Strycova, Beck, Mattek, Falconi, Davis, Riske, Bertens, Dellacqua, Broady, Erakovic, J. Rae ✔Bahrami, N
Exclamation

نتایج به دست آمده پس از برگزاری « روز هشتـم و پایانی » دور اصلی

i2013 Western & Southern Open - Cincinnati
WTA Premier 5
ATP Masters 1000
Lindner Family Tennis Center
Mason, Cincinnati, OH, U.S.A

August 10
–18, 2013
Ed: 112th (ATP)/85th (WTA)
i
$3,729,155/$2,369,000

Hard (Deco-Turf) / Outdoors

RESULTS — SUNDAY, 18 AUGUST, 2013

Men's Singles — Final
i[4] Rafael Nadal (Spain) d. John Isner (USA) 76(8) 76(3)i

i Rafael Nadal wins his first Western & Southern Open title, taking his record ATP World Tour Masters 1000 haul to 26. He is the second player to win five Masters 1000 crowns in a single year (Djokovic).i
i The Spaniard returns to No. 2 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, further strengthening his claim to year-end World No. 1. He has a 53-3 record this season, including nine titles.i
i Nadal extends his career-best hard court winning streak to 15-0 in 2013. After hoisting the trophy at the Coupe Rogers, this marks the first time he has won hard court titles in consecutive weeks.i

i Isner, who returns to the Top 20 with his run to the final, recorded three consecutive Top 10 victories this week (Raonic, Djokovic, del Potro).i
i The American was contesting second ATP World Tour Masters 1000 final, with a runner-up finish in Indian Wells last year.i
i Nadal takes the lead in the Emirates Airline US Open Series Bonus Challenge standings. Isner, the two-time defending Winston-Salem Open champion, is No. 2.i

Rafael Nadal: "It means a lot, being able to win two straight titles, two Masters 1000 on hard back-to-back is just amazing for me. I never did something like this in all my career. So it was an emotional moment for so many different facts. First of all, I won a very important tournament, Masters 1000. Second thing, after all the problems that I had, I mean, it was just two weeks in a row on hard playing at the highest level. Then the ranking is there. I was playing for a lot of points this week. And I'm in a good position."i

John Isner: “I played extremely well all week. Thought I played well again today. Unfortunately, it just wasn't good enough. As I said on the court, [I'm] going to hold my head up high after today's match and after this whole week. But Rafa was better than me today.”i

Men’s Doubles — Final
i[1] Bob Bryan (USA)/Mike Bryan (USA) d. [2] Marcel Granollers (Spain)/Marc Lopez (Spain) 64 46 [10-4]i

i Bob & Mike Bryan claim their 25th Masters 1000 title and fourth in Cincinnati (2003, ‘08 and ‘11).i
i The Bryans have won 10 titles in 2013 and a total of 92 as a team. They have a 28-1 match record since early May.i

Mike Bryan: “It feels amazing to win our 4th Cincinnati Masters. We had great support from the crowds all week and our games improved with every match. Today was a battle against a very tough team and we feel fortunate that our shots fell on the big points.”i

Women's Singles — Final
i[2] Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) d. [1] Serena Williams (USA) 26 62 76(6)i

i Azarenka comes away with her third WTA title of the year, having also won the Australian Open and Doha.i
i It was the 17th WTA title of Vika's, and 16th on hardcourt (Marbella in 2011 was on clay).i
i This was also Azarenka's second career win over a reigning World No.1 — her first came against the very same opponent, beating Williams in the final of the Sony Open Tennis in Miami back in 2009.i

i Azarenka clearly announced herself as Williams' biggest competition for the upcoming US Open title.i
i Even though she still leads the head-to-head, 12-3, Williams said they have a very strong rivalry.i
i Victoria Azarenka clearly announced herself as Serena Williams' biggest threat for the US Open title, beating the World No.1 in a nail-biter in the final of the Western & Southern Open on Sunday.i

Victoria Azarenka: Obviously a big win," Azarenka said. "It was a great match. I'm really, really pleased with the way I pulled it out. It was a great battle. Nothing was given away. It was pure fight. I'm really happy.i

i"The important thing is how I adjusted after the first set. I really stepped it up. I was fighting hard and changed my game and I just have to take that into consideration the next time we play against each other, to try to be there right from the beginning, because it's crucial. You don't want to give any chances at any point because Serena is such an incredible player that she will take everything."i

i"I will not be a favorite," Azarenka said. "We're in the United States, and Serena is No.1 in the world, a great champion, the defending champion, so I still think that she's going to be a favorite there.i

i"Second favorite, third favorite, I don't care about that. But this is a great boost of confidence."i

Serena Williams: "She played really well," Williams said. "She was really aggressive the last two sets, which changed the momentum. She's a great player. There's a reason she's winning Grand Slams and doing so well."i

i"We go against each other really tough," Williams said. "I think it's a good rivalry. I'm No.1. She's No.2. So we have a rivalry that consists of meeting in the final, which makes it even more exciting.i

i"It's good to have someone out there that can play hard and fight so tough out there."i

i"I'm a big Victoria fan. Whenever I'm not at a tournament, I root for her. I think she's just the ultimate competitor on the court and just really nice too. She leaves everything on the court and nothing personal, and everything off the court she's just so professional and so nice. I mean, I really get along with her. She's definitely just a great person.i

i"So once the match was over today, we kind of went into our regular relationship again, which is just cool, like, 'What's up girl? How are you doing?' kind of thing. She's just a really cool person."i

Women's Doubles — Final
i[3] Su-Wei Hsieh (Chinese Taipei)/Shuai Peng (China) d. [6] Janette Anna-Lena Groenefeld (Germany)/Kveta Peschke (Czech Republic) 26 63 [12-10]i

i Peng and Hsieh now have seven WTA doubles titles, one in 2008 (Bali), three in 2009 (Sydney, Rome and Beijing) and three in 2013 (Rome, Wimbledon and Cincinnati).i
i Even more impressive is that the Taiwanese-Chinese pair has never lost in a final — they are 7-0 in WTA doubles finals together.i
i This was Peng's first tournament since winning Wimbledon with Hsieh — but she did keep very busy.i

Peng Shuai: "They started playing well in the first set and it put a lot of pressure on us," Peng said. "Also, it was our first time playing them together as a team, so we also didn't know how to play them a little bit. We called our coach at the start of the second set and from there we just tried to fight, and we're really happy we could come back and win the second set and of course win the match in the end, as well."i

i"I had to go back to China to play the national games there," Peng said. "It's every four years for us, and it's very important for my team, so I had a long week playing that and a lot of tough matches."i

Hsieh Su-Wei: "We're trying to get into Istanbul," Hsieh added. "We've never played Istanbul before, so we're trying to schedule the tournaments better and trying to win a little bit more because we haven't been playing a lot of tournaments. Now, including New Haven, we'll have played nine tournaments together this year."i

PowerVu آنلاین نیست.  
کاربر زیر از شما PowerVu به خاطر این پست سپاسگزاری کرده است: