PowerVu
Xpelled Mentor

آواتار PowerVu

تاریخ عضویت: Jul 2009
محل سکونت: The GR8 Gig in the Sky
پستها: 10,227
سپاس: 35,479
در 11,020 پست 99,859 بار سپاسگزاری شده
بازیکن (های) مورد علاقه: Bryan Bros. ✔Sanaz Marand, Hingis, Evert, Black, Huber, Safina, Minella, Robson, Tsurenko, Bencic, Halep, Muguruza, Wozniacki, Siniakova, Diatchenko, Townsend, Gajdosova, Siegemund Pavlyuchenkova, Jovanovski, Gasparyan, Azarenka, Sharapova, Kirilenko, Rodionova, Lisicki, Shvedova, Goerges, Bacsinszky, Keys, Petkovic, Voegele, Rogers, Myskina, Svitolina, Makarova, Stosur, Mertens, Brengle, Strycova, Beck, Mattek, Falconi, Davis, Riske, Bertens, Dellacqua, Broady, Erakovic, J. Rae ✔Bahrami, N
Exclamation

نتایج به دست آمده پس از برگزاری « روز هفتـم و پایانی » دور اصلی

i2014 Apia International Sydney
WTA Premier
ATP World Tour 250
NSW Tennis Centre
New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
5 January – 11 January, 2014
Edition: 122nd
i$710,000 / $511,825
Hard (Plexicushion) / Outdoors

RESULTS — SATURDAY, 11 JANUARY, 2014

Men's Singles — Final
i[1] J M del Potro (ARG) d. B Tomic (AUS) 63 61

i Top seed Juan Martin del Potro captured his 18th tour-level title on Saturday as he dethroned reigning champion Bernard Tomic.i
i del Potro has won five tournaments in a row as the top seed, following victories at Basel (2013), Tokyo (2013), Washington (2013) and Vienna (2012).i

i The 25-year-old del Potro is the first Argentine to win the Sydney title since David Nalbandian triumphed in 2009.i
i He improved to an 18-7 finals record; last year he lifted four trophies.i

del Potro: "Starting the year in this way is very, very positive. I'm looking forward for the rest of the season. I need to still work in the same conditions and the same way. Now it starts the hardest tournament for us, and I will see if I can go farther than last year in Melbourne.i

i"The finals never are easy, but I was surprised by my level tonight. I think I played great. My forehand worked perfectly; I made a lot winners; many aces; I played good slices.i

i"I think Bernard was a little frustrated after seeing me very focused on the match and hitting the ball so well. He is still young in some moments of the match, but he has everything to win titles, and he will reach finals very, very soon."i

Tomic: "Juan played too good. There was nothing I could do. I knew it was going to be like that where either he plays very good or gives me more chances.i

i"Tonight showed why he's that quality of a player. So there was nothing I could have done. I tried to keep up, but he kept playing the way he was playing. I haven't seen a guy play a second set like that. It was too good.i

i"I'm obviously heading to Melbourne tomorrow. Going to be an amazing match for me on Tuesday against Rafa. I'm going to prepare as best I can. It's a tough ask. Obviously tonight I wanted to win this championship; couldn't do it. Juan played too good. Now my focus is on playing Rafa."i

Men's Doubles — Final
D Nestor (CAN)/N Zimonjic (SRB) d. [3] R Bopanna (IND)/A Qureshi (PAK) 76(3) 76(3)i

i In their first tournament together for more than a year, the newly reformed duo of Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic clinched their 25th tour-level team title.i
i They lifted the trophy in Sydney for the second time, having previously triumphed in 2010 (d. Hutchins/Kerr).i
i Victory took the 41-year-old Nestor to a new milestone as he joined Australian Todd Woodbridge in third place on the list of Open Era title leaders with 83 trophies.i

Nestor: "We accomplished our goal of playing a few matches, which is important. We picked up kind of where we left off playing good. It's as competitive as ever, doubles, and anything can happen obviously. We're happy about our start."i

Zimonjic: "It's nice to start with a title. We didn't need much [time] playing together to know each other because we played three and a half years together. It's nice that we continued. The last two tournaments that we played we won; this is the third tournament. It's a great thing that we managed this."i

PowerVu آنلاین نیست.   پاسخ با نقل قول
4 کاربر زیر از شما کاربر گرامی PowerVu به خاطر این پست سپاسگزاری کرده اند: