PowerVu
Xpelled Mentor

آواتار PowerVu

تاریخ عضویت: Jul 2009
محل سکونت: The GR8 Gig in the Sky
پستها: 10,227
سپاس: 35,479
در 11,020 پست 99,859 بار سپاسگزاری شده
بازیکن (های) مورد علاقه: Bryan Bros. ✔Sanaz Marand, Hingis, Evert, Black, Huber, Safina, Minella, Robson, Tsurenko, Bencic, Halep, Muguruza, Wozniacki, Siniakova, Diatchenko, Townsend, Gajdosova, Siegemund Pavlyuchenkova, Jovanovski, Gasparyan, Azarenka, Sharapova, Kirilenko, Rodionova, Lisicki, Shvedova, Goerges, Bacsinszky, Keys, Petkovic, Voegele, Rogers, Myskina, Svitolina, Makarova, Stosur, Mertens, Brengle, Strycova, Beck, Mattek, Falconi, Davis, Riske, Bertens, Dellacqua, Broady, Erakovic, J. Rae ✔Bahrami, N
پیش فرض

نتایج به دست آمده پس از برگزاری « روز ششـم » دور اصلی

i2014 Apia International Sydney
WTA Premier
ATP World Tour 250
NSW Tennis Centre
New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
5 January – 11 January, 2014
Edition: 122nd
i$710,000 / $511,825
Hard (Plexicushion) / Outdoors

RESULTS – FRIDAY, 10 JANUARY, 2014

Women's Singles – Final
i(Q) Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) d. (5) Angelique Kerber (GER) 64 64

i Sara Errani, Petra Kvitova and Angelique Kerber - Tsvetana Pironkova outdid three Top 10 players in a row to capture the first WTA title of her career at the Premier-level Apia International Sydney
i Not only had Pironkova never won a WTA title before, she had never even been to a WTA final

i The last qualifier to win a Premier-level title was Ekaterina Makarova at Eastbourne back in 2010
i Kerber was playing the ninth WTA final of her career and now has a 3-6 record in those

Tsvetana Pironkova: "I didn't really do anything that special tonight compared to the previous matches - I just kept the same level," Pironkova said afterwards. "I was just trying to keep the ball in the court as much as possible and as strong as possible, and when I got my chances I was trying to make winners. That's it, really.i

i"I was nervous but tried my hardest not to show it. I was trying to concentrate so hard that I only saw the ball - I was only watching the ball. I was like, 'Okay, just watch the ball and follow every point."i

i"When I think about what I've been through, not only last season but throughout my career, it hasn't been easy for me. Winning a WTA title is something I've been waiting for so long and something that I've missed so much. Now that I finally have it, it's all surreal. I still cannot believe it, honestly."i

Women's Doubles – Final
Babos/Safarova (HUN/CZE) d. (1) Errani/Vinci (ITA/ITA) 75 36 [10-7]i

i The two may have never played together before, but they have a lot of success with other partners.i
i Even though she's only 20, Babos already had five WTA doubles titles to her name before this, though they were all at the International level, making this one her biggest; Safarova came into Sydney with three WTA doubles titles to her name, all at the Premier level as well. Now they have six and four.i

Lucie Safarova: "We both played really well in every match this week," Safarova said afterwards. "Most importantly we just tried to enjoy ourselves and have fun out there - and the last match tonight was just amazing."i

i"We'd definitely like to play together again, but we both have regular partners," Safarova added. "We'll see when the opportunity comes again - for now it's always nice to have each other as a back-up!"i

Timea Babos: "Like Lucie said, we just tried to enjoy ourselves," Babos said. "We didn't put too much pressure on ourselves tonight - they're the World No.1s, and there's a reason why. But I told Lucie before the tie-break I had a good feeling we would win, even though we didn't play that well in the second set."i

i"To be honest, I just randomly asked Lucie if she had a partner here, because my partner didn't come," Babos said. "Hers didn't either, so I thought we'd make a good team. We didn't even talk about which sides or how to play - but I guess in the end it was a good decision!"i

Men's Singles – Semi-Finals
i[1] J M del Potro (ARG) d. [4] D Tursunov (RUS) 64 62
B Tomic (AUS) d. [Q] S Stakhovsky (UKR) 67(4) 75 63

Men's Doubles – Semi-Finals
i[3] R Bopanna (IND)/A Qureshi (PAK) d. L Rosol (CZE)/J Sousa (POR) 61 62
D Nestor (CAN)/N Zimonjic (SRB) d. J Benneteau (FRA)/E Roger-Vasselin (FRA) 46 76(5) [10-5]i

ویرایش توسط PowerVu : 01-12-2014 در ساعت 07:58 AM
PowerVu آنلاین نیست.   پاسخ با نقل قول
4 کاربر زیر از شما کاربر گرامی PowerVu به خاطر این پست سپاسگزاری کرده اند: