پستها: 1,274
سپاس: 6,455
در 1,271 پست 10,081 بار سپاسگزاری شده
بازیکن (های) مورد علاقه: Andy Murray
پیش فرض

Verdasco Tops Sampras In Exhibition

دیشب دریک بازی دوستانه ورداسکو توانست سمپراس را با نتیجه ی 6-3, 7-6(2) شکست دهد
اینم از متن کامل(انگلیسی)

Spaniard Fernando Verdasco has watched replays of the 1995 Australian Open final between Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi more than any other match – “probably a hundred times,” he admitted Monday night at the SAP Open, an ATP World Tour 250 tennis tournament in San Jose.
Though he faced off against one of his idols, playing Agassi in 2004 at the if Stockholm Open, Verdasco always rued the missed opportunity of playing the other American legend.
"It was one of my goals to play against him one day, and I didn’t do it,” said Verdasco.
He finally got the opportunity Monday night, when he faced off against the 39-year-old Sampras for a charity exhibition in San Jose.
Verdasco, currently the World No. 11, succeeded in defeating the six-time ATP World Tour Champion 6-3, 7-6(2) in 57 minutes. Sampras fired three more aces than his 26-year-old opponent, but failed to earn a single break point chance.
“He’s still serving so good, and of course, he’s not at the moment in the shape he was in as a professional, but that’s normal,” said Verdasco. “For me it was just an experience to play with him… It was very special to play with him tonight.”
Verdasco, the No. 2 seed this week, will play Chinese Taipei’s Yen-Hsun Lu in his first-round match Wednesday.
Alireza Murray آنلاین نیست.   پاسخ با نقل قول
8 کاربر زیر از شما کاربر گرامی Alireza Murray به خاطر این پست سپاسگزاری کرده اند: